Originally from San Francisco, Carmen grew up as a competitive figure skater and ballet dancer. She now works as a professional singer and actor in both New York and California. Her body of artistic work includes many leading roles in musicals, short films, commercials, web-series, voice overs, concerts, and professional ice skating shows.
Carmen recently appeared as a principal performer with a National Tour of Disney on Ice. She debuted the role of the “Live Host” and was also hired to do voice over work for Feld Entertainment.
Some of her favorite roles include: Louise in Gypsy, Christine Daae in Phantom of the Opera, Maria in West Side Story, Fantine in
Les Misérables, Lady of the Lake in Spamalot, Juliet in Romeo & Juliet, Viola in Illyria, Aida in the musical Aida, and Brooke Windham in
Legally Blonde The Musical.
During her competitive ice skating career, Carmen earned her "Senior Ladies Freestlye" Gold Medal and was the Artistic National champion. She also won several artistic awards including "Most Artistic Freeskate" at Showcase competitions in the Bay Area. Carmen danced as a soloist with the San Francisco Academy of Ballet and Santa Rosa Dance Theater where she performed principal roles as a guest artist for several consecutive years.
Carmen attended a performing arts high school, then went on to study Music, Performing Arts and Social Justice at Santa Rosa Junior College and the University of San Francisco. After college, she worked as a director with a theatre company for artists with special needs.
Carmen has also attended many workshops, masterclasses, and acting intensive programs including: Meisner Technique and Film Acting at the
City Academy in London, Advanced Acting at the American Conservatory Theater (ACT) Studio, Advanced Stage and Film Acting at the Berkeley Repertory Theater, and an Advanced Shakespeare Workshop with the Shakespeare and Company (lead by Dennis Krausnick).
Carmen is the Founder of the non-profit Redwood Theatre Company bringing original projects and social justice pieces to the community.
RTC is a "Full Inclusion" program welcoming artists with Developmental Disabilities and other Special Needs.
As Carmen pursues a carrier in performance, she continues to forever remain a student of the arts.
Official Website: carmenmariamitchell.com
Music Website: carmenmitchellmusic.com
• Founder of Redwood Theatre Company
• Director and produced of the "Character Cover" Music Videos Series
• Co-Founder of FTA Productions Performance Podcast & Blog (Coming Soon!)
• Carmen has worked as a lead Instructor and Administrative Assistant for Alchemia Performing Arts Day Program for Adults with Developmental Disabilities.
• Carmen has works with the Hope, Love and Magic Princess company visiting schools, children's hospitals, and performing at events around the community.
• Carmen has worked as a Ballet Teacher and managed the Social Media for Santa Rosa Dance Theater.
• Carmen worked as a Life Guard and Swim Instructor with the Ridgway Swim Center for the Santa Rosa Parks & Rec.
TRAINING / EDUCATION
Acting & Music:
• City Academy in London
• Berkeley Rep. Theatre
• ACT (American Conservatory Theater)
• Shakespeare & Company
• University of San Francisco
• Santa Rosa Junior College
• Santa Rosa High School: Art Quest Dance
Ballet & Ice Skating:
• San Francisco Academy of Ballet
• Santa Rosa Dance Theatre
• Snoopy's Home Ice